When investing in digital signage for your company, you want to get the most out of it. Before determining which and how many digital signage screens you’ll need to install in your company, always take a step back. Think it through. What is your scope? Who do you want to reach with your messages? And at what point?
A good partner asks you about this from the start and always focuses on your goal. Because in the end, it’s all about communication. Communication with employees, no matter what company department they belong to or what building they are in.
Relevance in time and place
A key concept in determining your digital signage goals is evaluating your message’s ‘opportunities to see’. An opportunity to see is strongly connected to relevance in time and place. The easiest way to explain this is by giving a specific example: reminding workers to wear a helmet is more efficient when displayed on a screen next to dangerous machines, instead of in the entry hall. Or showing injury statistics on dangerous places makes more sense than showing the same info at the company restaurant.That’s what relevance in place is about.
But the same applies to relevance in time. Do you show production quotas at the start of the shift or near the end? And on a broader level: season’s greetings don’t belong in summer. These are all examples of how you can determine your opportunities to see. Companies that show clear and relevant digital signage messages, get stronger results than companies that simply install a few screens in their meeting rooms and dining hall.
A few questions that can help you enhance relevance in time and place are:
- How many screens do I need?
- What is the most relevant place to install them?
- How long do I want to show my message?
- Do my messages have to be repeated? How often?
Need advice about your digital signage strategy? Feel free to get in touch.
You might also like:
- How local triggers can overrule your digital signage flow in emergencies
- 5 questions to help you choose a decent digital signage platform
- A Service Level Agreement for your digital signage: yes or no?
- The 3 main reasons why you should use digital signage in your company
- Effective corporate digital signage? Start with ‘why’.